State Council of Educational Research and Training, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), Uttar Pradesh was established in 1981 for development of curriculum and textbooks for school education in the State, teacher's training, educational evaluation, educational research and innovation in teaching & learning. Main functions of SCERT, UP are (click here)
- Organizing in-service and pre-service training programmes for elementary teachers.
- Developing syllabus, text books, teacher's guide and other useful materials for primary & upper primary classes.
- Conducting researches, surveys and innovative programmes.
- Capacity building of teacher educators and educational administrators.
- Organizing Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in State.
- Granting affiliation to private institutes (recognised by NCTE) for running BTC / NTT course.
- Deciding curriculum & evaluation process for education in the light of Part 7 Article 29 of Uttar Pradesh Right of Children to Free & Compulsory Education Rules 2011.
Head of SCERT is Director. Joint Director (Training), Assistant Director, Assistant Deputy Director, Research Professors and Lecturers (Research) work under Director. SCERT accomplishes all its academic activities through its various Units.
Units under SCERT
- Institute of Advanced Studies in Education (IASE), Prayagraj- Conducts trainings for quality enhancement for administrative and academic faculty of DIETs and Basic Shiksha Adhikari, subject based training programmes/workshops, researches for development of teaching skill and competency in secondary level teachers.
- College of Teacher Education (CTE) Lucknow, Prayagraj & Varanasi- Conduct training programmes/workshops and researches for subject and skill based teaching competency enhancement for DIET faculty, teachers of upper primary and secondary level.
- State Institute of Science (SISE), Prayagraj- Designs Science and Mathematics textbooks, conducts trainings on Science and Mathematics, research studies, surveys, workshops, seminars and other activities to make Science and Mathematics easy, interesting and comprehensive. It also conducts Science Exhibition every year.
- State Institute of Education (SIE), Prayagraj- Prepares curriculum and designs textbooks for primary and upper primary classes, develops training modules and teacher guides, conducts research/studies & various training workshops.
- Bureau of Psychology, Prayagraj- Develops teaching material related to psychological test in order to solve various types of psychological problems of school going children, ogranises diagnostic tests, provides guidance and counseling, conducts National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) and 'Diploma in Guidance and Psychology' (DGP) training.
- State Institute of Hindi, Varanasi- Develops textbooks and supplementary-books of Hindi and Sanskrit language, acquaints teachers with latest techniques of teaching Hindi, organizes various teacher's training programmes, workshops and researches related to Hindi and Sanskrit Language.
- State Institute of Educational Technology (SIET), Lucknow- Develops educational videos/CDs related to curriculum of primary and upper primary level and other works related to educational technology.
- English Language Teaching Institute (ELTI), Prayagraj-Develops and reviews English Language textbooks/reading materials and teaching-learning materials, organizes teacher's training, educational workshops and seminars for enhancing quality of English Language teaching. It also develops teaching-learning materials for English language teaching.
- Government Physical Training College, Rampur & Prayagraj- Conducts two years D.P.Ed. course and in-service trainings related to games and physical education for teachers of upper primary and secondary schools.
- Government Nursery Training College, Prayagraj & Agra- Conducts CT(Nursery) training alongwith other in-service training programmes.
District Institute of Education and Training (DIET)- DIETs have been established in different phases by Government of India under centrally sponsored scheme to provide academic support to primary and upper primary teachers by conducting in-service and pre-service training, adult education programmes and training for other academic staff. At present 70 DIETs are functioning under SCERT in the State.
DIET conducts 2 years BTC training. It also conducts Special BTC and Urdu BTC trainings time to time according to the directions of State Government. Besides these, DIET provides subject-based, skill-based and competency-based in-service training to the teachers of primary and upper primary schools, conducts training for Shiksha Mitras, BRC and NPRC coordinators, extends academic support to instructors of alternative education and literacy, anganbadi workers and village education committee. The main functions of DIETs are as follows:-
- Pre-service training
- In-service training
- Research/ Study/Survey
- Academic Support
- Development of training modules and tools
- Examination Controlling Authority, Uttar Pradesh, Prayagraj- The office of Examination Controlling Authority, Uttar Pradesh is situated in Prayagraj. This office conducts regular exams and various other exams in accordance with GOs issued time to time. Director, State Institute of Science Education, Uttar Pradesh, Prayagraj is the Ex-officio Secretary, Examination Controlling Authority, Uttar Pradesh. The main functions of Examination Controlling Authority, Uttar Pradesh are as follows :-
- BTC training
- Granting affiliation to the private institutes which are recognised from NCTE for conducting BTC and NTT course.
- Conducting Teacher Eligibility Test (TET).
- Conducting examination for BTC, Special BTC, Two years Urdu BTC 2005, 2006 (Ist) and 2006 (IInd).
- Conducting examination for Shiksha Mitras, who got BTC training through distant mode.
- Conducting examination for trainees of Prashikshu Shikshak Chayan 2011.
- Conducting examination for trainees who got BTC training as dependant of diseased (Mritak Ashrit).
- Conducting examination for various scholarship programmes.
- Assistant Teacher Recruitment Examination.